Competent Authority pathway
The requirements for this option
To be eligible to apply for this pathway you must:
- hold a primary medical degree from a university medical school accredited by a competent authority; and
- hold full or general registration with a competent authority, or
- have completed your internship within the United Kingdom or Irish jurisdictions; and
satisfy Council’s English language requirements.
Applying for registration
To apply for registration you must submit:
The conditions for this option
The conditions of a provisional general scope specify that you must:
- work in a position we have approved
- work in a New Zealand hospital, general practice, educational institution or other organisation we have approved
- work under the supervision of a registered doctor we have approved .
Progression to a general scope
We may authorise you to change to a general scope once you have:
- satisfied the provisional general scope conditions
- been recommended for this by your supervisor
- completed 6 months working within a provisional general scope
- received two consecutive satisfactory supervisor’s reports.