List of registered doctors
No Doctors match these search options.
This list was last updated 22 May 2019
Checking a doctor's registration
You can use the Council’s online medical register of doctors to find out:
- Whether a doctor is currently registered and is able to practice in New Zealand
- About a doctor’s qualifications
- The district where the doctor works
- When a doctor’s practising certificate expires (we require doctors to reapply for their certificate each year)
- Whether there are any conditions on a doctor’s practice
- A doctor’s scope of practice
- Whether the Heath Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal (HPDT) has made a finding against a doctor. However, if the HPDT has decided that the doctor should have name suppression the finding will not be shown on the online register. You can find more about the HPDT and a full list of its decisions at www.hpdt.org.nz.
The online medical register of doctors will NOT tell you:
- If a doctor has voluntarily agreed not to practise or matters which are solely concerned with their health. These are confidential.
- About any actions taken by employers.
- Whether a doctor has been (or is) under investigation by the Health and Disability Commissioner (HDC). Most of the HDC’s decisions are published on www.hdc.org.nz, although the Commissioner very rarely names the doctor involved.
- Doctors whose practising certificates are in the process of being renewed may not appear on this list.
- If you are looking for details of a doctor who does not appear on the list, or to query a current listing, please click here.
- We do our best to maintain accuracy, but if you believe information to be incorrect, please contact us.