Elias, Christopher Ian
Below is the registration information for this doctor.
Elias, Christopher Ian
- MB BS 1977 Lond
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery
- University of London, England
- FFA RCS Irel 1984
- Fellow of the Faculty of Anaesthetists
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Ireland
- FFARCS 1984
- Fellow of the Faculty of Anaesthetists of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons, England
- FFARACS 1985
- Fellow of the Faculty of Anaesthetists of the Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australasian College of Surgeons, Australia
- FANZCA 1993
- Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Australian & New Zealand College of Anaesthetists, New Zealand
from 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2018
12 September 1984
Scope of practice
- Anaesthesia (29 August 1988)
Dr Elias is required to participate in an approved recertification programme relevant to the vocational scope of Anaesthesia.
Dr Elias may work outside the stated vocational scope but must do so within a collegial relationship.
Definitions of scopes
A doctor who has completed the requirements of a provisional general scope will be registered within a general scope of practice.
Examples are doctors who have completed their first post-graduate year and may be in vocational training, doctors who have not started, or have chosen not to do, vocational training or doctors nearing retirement who are no longer meeting the requirements for registration within a vocational scope of practice.
The doctor must establish a professional collegial relationship with another doctor who is registered within the same or related vocational scope, and must participate in appropriate continuing professional development to maintain and improve competence and to be recertified each year.
A doctor who has completed his or her vocational training as a consultant and has appropriate qualifications and experience can be registered within a vocational scope of practice.
A doctor registered in a vocational scope must participate in an approved continuing professional development programme to maintain competence and be recertified each year.
Anaesthesia is the provision of anaesthetics, peri-operative care, intensive care and pain management to patients and can include the provision of resuscitation, retrieval/transportation (inter and intra hospital) and hyperbaric medicine to patients. Encompassed in this is the advancement of professional standards, patient safety, education and the advancement of the science and practice of anaesthesia, peri-operative medicine, intensive care medicine and pain medicine.