Skip to main content

Working away from New Zealand

If you are planning to leave New Zealand to practise in another country, you may wish to apply for a certificate of professional status from us. You also have the option to be removed from the medical register.

Certificate of professional status

Please log into your myMCNZ account to request a certificate of professional status. If you do not have a myMCNZ account you will need to request a PIN and set up an account. To request a PIN, please contact the system support team on 0800 636 555 (for calls within New Zealand only). Overseas callers please phone +64 4 384 7635 during business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm) or email  

Please allow 5 working days for your request to be processed.

Back to top

New Zealand medical register

Your name will stay on the Medical Register unless:

  • you ask us to cancel your registration
  • you do not give us a reliable contact address
  • we do not receive a response to any mail we send you.

There is no charge for your name to stay on the register when you are not practising in New Zealand.

To cancel your registration and have your name removed from the register; please send us a written request. There is no charge to remove you from the register.

Email page
  1. Separate multiple addresses with a comma