Updating your details

This page is only for doctors updating their details with us. We cannot action updates of details for non-doctors.

If you are a patient looking to update your details on your medical records, please contact your regular health professional or medical practice. They should be able to make this change for you. The link below is to the MOH website and provides further detail.

It is important that, as a registered doctor in New Zealand, we have your up-to-date details. In some cases you are legally required to update us when your details change.

Update your address

You can update any of the addresses we hold for you through myMCNZ. The basic steps to do this are:

  1. Log into myMCNZ .
  2. Click on the Profile tab at the top of the page.
  3. Click Edit next to any of the details you want to change.
  4. Enter the correct address.
  5. Click Save to confirm your change.
  6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 for each detail you want to change.

If you are having trouble accessing myMCNZ contact us:

  • by phone from within New Zealand on 0800 636 555
  • by phone from outside New Zealand on +64 4 384 7635
  • by email at myMCNZHelp@mcnz.org.nz.

Our business hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.

Update your name

Note: Patients wanting to change their name should do this via their regular health professional. See:
Ministry of Health - changing your details on the NHI

Doctors only: To change the name we have recorded for you please email us the details of your name change, along with documentation which supports the change (for example a copy of your marriage certificate) to pc@mcnz.org.nz.

We will then update your name in our records and send you confirmation of this.  Your old name will still be recorded as a previous name so that people will be able to search for you on the medical register using both your old name and your new name. 

If you have a current practising certificate at the time you are changing your name, we will also send you an updated copy of your practising certificate reflecting your new name.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact us.

Update your employment or recertification

What you will need to do depends on the scope of practice you hold.

If you hold a general or vocational scope of practice, see our Recertification and professional development page.

If you hold a provisional or special purpose scope of practice, see our Variations page.