You are eligible to apply to sit the NZREX Clinical examination if you:
- hold a primary medical qualification listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools that meet our English language requirements
- have passed within the last 5 years the:
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Steps 1 and 2 (Clinical Knowledge), or
- Australian Medical Council MCQ examination, or
- Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) test Part 1
- do not hold New Zealand registration within a special purpose (post-graduate training) scope of practice.
There is no limit to the number of times you can sit this examination, however, you must meet our eligibility requirements each time you apply.
While it is not a requirement, we recommend you complete a minimum of 12-months postgraduate experience as a medical practitioner in your own country before applying to sit NZREX Clinical. With this experience you will be better prepared to sit our examination.
For more information